1. What was your very first job?
Worked as a crew member at what used to be a theater in Horton Plaza. Working downtown led me to seeing all kinds of people, interesting experience for sure.
2. What degree(s) do you have and where are they from?
I have both associates in Sociology from Grossmont College and a Graphic Design degree from City College.
3. What has been the most interesting advancement in your field since coming into the industry?
Seeing UI/UX design taking a bigger role in companies has been interesting. It’s a relatively new field, but the impact and influence it can bring is amazing to see.
4. How did you get into the world of marketing and agency life?
There is a demand for designers in marketing and I knew if I wanted to grow and learn fast, agency is where I could get some growth.
5. What do you do when you are not at work?
Play video games, collect vinyl, check out some live music. Eat good food and drink. Go on design blogs and look for new inspiration. Slowly diving into more prototype/motion tools and some Cinema4D.
6. What are your personality test answers?
Meyers-Briggs: ISTJ | Enneagram: 3
7. What fictional characters represent you best?
The guy that screams “My Leg!” in SpongeBob.
Tom from Parks & Rec
8. If you could invent something to solve one of your biggest problems, what would that invention be?
A pill that I can take so I don’t feel tired in the morning. I like to sleep late and but getting out of bed early is a challenge.
9. What’s one thing about yourself that would surprise people?
A dental hygiene dropout that shifted over to graphic design.
10. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard” – Kevin Durant
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together” – African Proverb