A GREAT CAPTAIN INSPIRES THE CREW.
A GREAT CREW INSPIRES RIGHT BACK.
Welcome aboard VSSL. We’re a fast, agile digital agency of brand builders, campaign makers, website creators and more. Our crew brings vision, strategy, spirit, and loyalty to the challenge of helping clients stand out in today’s aggressive, crowded and fast-changing digital world. And that’s exactly what we’re looking for in the Marketing Account Manager role.
What the Marketing Account Manager Does
Leading client accounts at VSSL is about building strong, productive relationships with every constituent the account needs to prosper. That means clients, of course, but also creative, production, programming, finance, media – anyone and everyone you need to develop great ideas and deliver successful projects. What’s a successful project? One that’s on time, on budget, on point, and that achieves the results we promise our clients. It generates more projects! Your passion for marketing, clear communication, thinking ahead and mastering every detail are elements of the victories we will celebrate together.
What You Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field (or equivalent)
- 5 years of client service experience as a Marketing Account Manager, Client Manager or equivalent customer success department at an ad or marketing agency, including experience with: brand development, developing marketing strategies, managing website builds and management, paid media and demand generation campaigns, project budgets/timelines, contract negotiations, and risk assessment – and the full range of project management skills
- Understanding of Marketing Operations is a plus
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Constantly looking for new and better solutions for clients and crew
- Highly proactive, self-motivated contributor
- The ability to lead a project using collaboration, clear communication and inspiration
- You know how to build strong, durable client relationships based on delivering results, exceeding the expected and anticipating problems
- You love a fast-paced environment with a fun crew to work with
- Proficiently manage multiple projects and tight deadlines with ease
- Experience with the full project life-cycle of marketing campaigns
- B2B software (HubSpot) and basic website knowledge (WordPress) is a plus
We Are One Crew
The strongest crew is one that works (and celebrates) together. That’s because none of us is as smart as all of us. Through everything, we always have each others’ backs.
Communication is our Compass
Clear communication is our guide. We’re open with our thoughts and open-minded towards others. We’re always respectful—but we don’t sugarcoat s**t.
Quality is our Course
Our people and our work are our greatest assets. That’s why we don’t compromise when it comes to our crew, our clients, and our work. We deliver the best—every damn time.
All Hands on Deck
We know how to solve problems together by staying focused on creative solutions. We aren’t fazed by challenges or risk-taking. In fact, that’s where we thrive.
We’re a tight-knit group—we celebrate our wins and have fun along the way. Each crew member contributes to our collective success. “Up Spirits!” is our rally cry when the grog starts flowing.
Caring for our Crew
VSSL was named one of San Diego’s Best Companies to work for in 2022, and one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in 2018 and 2019. Once you’re aboard, treasures await!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) match
- Generous PTO
- 9 Paid Holidays, with a holiday shutdown
- Bi-annual profit sharing
- Communications stipend
- Free lunch Thursdays
- Fun company events and volunteer opportunities
- Weekly happy hours on our deck overlooking the marina!
VSSL strongly promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion through our grassroots program, VSSL for Change (V4C). V4C cultivates an inclusive workplace and empowers our crew to make positive change through education, discussion, and giving back. This includes regular team learning, with donation and volunteer opportunities. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
PLEASE NOTE: We take hiring very seriously. Although we are unable to follow up with every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates to identify potential fits.