VSSL is seeking a full-time graphic designer who can help us bring brands to life. In addition to being obsessed with quality and having a passion for solving our customers’ toughest design challenges, we’re looking for someone who can help explain design concepts and the decisions behind their work.
If you don’t have a lot of experience under your belt, fret not — we are looking for talent and a good cultural fit over years of experience (of course, compensation will be matched accordingly). So don’t hold back! Get your application in, matey.
VSSL designs web-based solutions rooted in expert strategy, user-friendly mentality, and proven technology. We build brands, invent campaigns, and create websites for companies ready to invest in their current internet footprint — and expand their digital future. The ideal candidate would help our company grow and would grow with our team as well.
We are looking for someone who
- Is a strong conceptual thinker – both visual and interactive
- Champions design principles while supporting ongoing strategic initiatives
- Develops high-level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas
- Is detail-oriented, making sure every element of a design comes together into a tight, beautiful experience
- Is obsessed with typography, layout, color and interactivity
- Ensures work always meets timelines, budget and quality expectations
- Has strong written/verbal communication skills, excellent customer focus, and a technical aptitude and interest in new technology
- Has experience working collaboratively with a small team of designers, developers and strategists to support a variety of customers and projects
- Ensures design consistency/quality across different channels
- Has a quick wit and is fun to be around
- 1+ years of experience in graphic design, ideally for major brands
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Cloud (specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD) and/or Sketch
- A stellar online portfolio that demonstrates strong critical thinking and an eye for visual design. Documentation showing your thinking/design process behind your work is a huge plus.
- Knowledge of established best practices and current trends in design
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to present and sell ideas to the team
- Can work at a fast-paced company
- Has a “get it done” attitude and a history of delivering beautiful work over and over again
- Experience with video and/or motion graphics is also a plus
It’s a great opportunity to make your mark and build your skills. And you’ll be working with a fun team who was named one of San Diego’s 2018 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®! We also offer health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k), flexible hours, paid sick and vacation, free lunch Fridays, fun employee events, an endless supply of healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, and weekly happy hours on our awesome deck overlooking the marina.
Want to join the crew? Hop over to our Contact Us page. We look forward to hearing from you!