VSSL is looking for a Creative Director with solid concepts and creative genius to help us bring brands to life. We want someone who can push the boundaries for our clients, deliver on time and lead the rest of the design team with both charisma and experience. This means bringing your A-game and providing exceptional customer experiences, every time. Come lead our creative team in conceptualizing ideas to create successful branding and marketing initiatives for our diverse portfolio of clients.
This is a hands-on position — we are looking for someone who can jump in and hit the ground running. Our ideal candidate is someone with 5+ years of experience who is looking to join a growing team where you can make your mark! Your skills will be crucial to taking our agency to the next level and managing our growing customer base.
VSSL designs web-based solutions rooted in expert strategy, user-friendly mentality, and proven technology. We build brands, invent campaigns, and create websites for companies ready to invest in their current internet footprint — and expand their digital future. The ideal candidate would help our company grow as well as grow with our team.
- Oversee creative vision and champion that vision throughout the organization
- Oversee prioritization for both our internal Creative team and outsourced resources
- Drive and evolve the aesthetic across Marketing materials and campaigns ensuring consistency with all consumer touchpoints
- Assess Design infrastructure needs and implement best practices in preparation to further scale creative development
- Foster an open and collaborative, creative environment
- Create amazing assets as an individual contributor and lead by example
- Actively mentor the Creative team: know where each member is in their careers, where they want to go, and support their development
We are looking for someone with
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Art, New Media, Behavioral Science or related
- 5+ years of experience in designing for mobile and web marketing assets and digital experiences
- 2+ years of creative leadership experience, including managing direct reports
- Out of this world design skills as well as project management skills
- An amazing portfolio of work that demonstrates your thorough UX and visual design experience
- Broad experience in leading brand development initiatives, including auditing, research, analysis, ideation, concept incubation, defining brand standards and best practices, as well as facilitating campaign and product rollouts
- Ability to continually push the quality of creative, design and user experiences in traditional media, interactive, web, app, and environment applications
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally and to synthesize feedback
- Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Strong people and leadership skills
- A desire to be hands-on; you can execute on your ideas
- Experience with a variety of design tools: Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, InVision, etc.
It’s a great opportunity to make your mark and build your skills. And you’ll be working with a fun team who was named one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in both 2018 and 2019! We also offer health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k), flexible hours, paid sick and vacation, free lunch Fridays, fun employee events, an endless supply of healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, and weekly happy hours on our awesome deck overlooking the marina.
Want to join the crew? Hop over to our Contact Us page. We look forward to hearing from you!