VSSL is seeking an amazing Account Manager that is a stickler for project management and thrives in a client-facing role. The Account Manager is responsible for management and growth of client relationships, as well as for the quality and report-out on their projects. He/she is accountable for successfully managing multiple projects and deadlines, both internally and externally.
This is a unique opportunity to leverage your passion for marketing, commitment to client service excellence, and project management expertise to impact the dynamic marketing industry. Our ideal candidate is someone with a few years of experience who is looking to join a small but growing team where you can make your mark! Your skills will be crucial to taking our agency to the next level and managing our growing customer base.
VSSL designs web-based solutions rooted in expert strategy, user-friendly mentality, and proven technology. We build brands, invent campaigns, and create websites for companies ready to invest in their current internet footprint — and expand their digital future. The ideal candidate would help our company grow and would grow with our team as well.
We are looking for someone who
- Effectively communicates projects with internal creative, copy, and production teams to ensure deadlines are met
- Presents cost estimates, marketing strategies, and creative experiences to client teams, including director-level roles
- Anticipates future client needs and project risks
- Reviews all client deliverables to ensure reliability, accuracy, and quality standards are met and exceeded
- Collaborates with team leads on estimating, timelines and project risks
- Supervises marketing initiatives from concept to completion, including production
- Prepares project timelines and manages internal communication on client-specific marketing campaign details, statuses, and next steps
- Applies on-going ideas for marketing channels and tactics
- Manages client feedback, applies edits and ultimately becomes a trusted partner
- Owns the financials for assigned projects/accounts including forecasts, budgets and invoicing
- Provides status updates on assigned projects/accounts, regularly monitoring overall account health, project status, opportunities, and risks
- Negotiates contracts including renew, up-sell, and key contact for any new work discussion
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field
- 5 years of relevant client service experience in a fast-paced marketing agency or advertising environment
- Proven success developing and maintaining superior client relationships, delivering results and anticipating roadblocks
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- Proficient project management experience, communication, and critical thinking skills
- Proven track record juggling multiple priorities and deadlines
- Project life cycle experience of marketing campaigns
- Previous agency experience preferred
- B2B Software knowledge is a plus
It’s a great opportunity to make your mark and build your skills. And you’ll be working with a fun team who was named one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® in both 2018 and 2019! We also offer health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k), flexible hours, paid sick and vacation, free lunch Fridays, fun employee events, an endless supply of healthy and not-so-healthy snacks, and weekly happy hours on our awesome deck overlooking the marina.
Want to join the crew? Hop over to our Contact Us page. We look forward to hearing from you!