1. What was your very first job?
I started my first job when I was 13 at a daycare center babysitting infants. It was the absolute WORST.
2. What degree(s) do you have and where are they from?
I received my bachelors in Communications and a minor in Spanish, both from Boston University.
3. What has been the most interesting advancement in your field since coming into the industry?
Instagram was introduced when I was a sophomore in college, and my friends and I never really used it (or thought of it as a marketing platform) until I graduated. The shift of focus to social media has been a game changer since I started working in marketing and advertising.
4. How did you get into the world of marketing and agency life?
A friend and I started a blog in college and we taught ourselves front-end web development and basic HTML skills. That’s where my love for web design, marketing, SEO and advertising stemmed from. Right after college I got hired at a big agency in NYC where I learned more about web dev and social media, and I’ve been in digital marketing ever since!
5. What do you do when you are not at work?
I love to be active in my time away from the desk, so I’ll either be at the gym, a yoga class, or riding my bike along Sail Bay in PB with my dog.
6. What are your personality test answers?
I’m an “Adventurer” or ISFP (Meyers Briggs) and “Enthusiast” or Type 7 (Enneagram)
7. What VSSL Value do you identify with most and why?
“We Are Transparent and Honest” – because honesty is everything!
8. If you could invent something to solve one of your biggest problems, what would that invention be?
I would invent something that would stop me from pressing “snooze” in the morning.
9. What’s one thing about yourself that would surprise people?
I taught yoga and traveled as a health coach for a well-known celebrity (hint- she was on The Voice)
10. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Adversity is what fuels greatness” – from my dad.