What was your very first job?
I was a lifeguard all through high school at a waterpark in Georgia.
2. What degree(s) do you have, and from which institutes and fields of study?
I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts with an emphasis on Graphic Design from Samford University in Alabama.
3. What do you think is one of the most significant changes that you’ve seen since you started working in your industry?
From my mere 4 years in the industry, I have seen Adobe continue to create programs and tools that make every designer’s life easier (i.e. Adobe Animate and XD), while Microsoft continues to make designers’ lives hell (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint & Word).
4. What excites you most about the digital marketing world?
Working with other designers who think so differently than myself. Also, when a client goes for an idea or design you thought may be too crazy.
5. What do you do when you are not at work?
I host visitors, professionally bridesmaid, nap, DJ, road trip, jet set, wine taste, and serve at church.
6. Do you have any hobbies?
Anything but hiking or camping.
7. What thing(s) are you obsessed with?
Jesus, Taylor Swift, Pomeranians, wine, Cheetos, baseball (players), make-up, hats and Halloween.
8. What’s one thing about yourself that would surprise people?
I have a heart condition called mitral valve prolapse. I also hate certain fruits because they have a pit. I get chills and freak out if I’m biting or cutting a peach or plum and I hit the pit.
9. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
Never get dental work from your grandpa.