1. What was your very first job?
My first job was at the target across the street from my house. It was probably the worst job in existence and after 3 weeks of folding clothes and stocking cereal boxes, I quit and pursued something I was far more passion about; scooping ice cream.
2. What degree(s) do you have, and from which institutes and fields of study?
I have a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design with an emphasis in Drawing/Painting from Boise State University
3. What do you think is one of the most significant changes that you’ve seen since you started working in your industry?
The line between man and machine blurring. There was a time when designers would create letters from metal and letterpress each word. I can now draw directly on my screen – it blows my mind.
4. What excites you most about the digital marketing world?
We now have tools and platform to connect seamlessly to the rest of the world. This is also equally terrifying.
5. What do you do when you are not at work?
When not at work I am typically eating #thankspostmastes #ad
6. Do you have any hobbies?
I love oil painting, teaching painting classes and running by the harbor! My roommates and I are also avid dog watchers so playing with random dogs is another hobby of mine.
7. What thing(s) are you obsessed with?
I am obsessed with IPA’s, my family, finding new, obscure artists and challenging my creativity.
8. What’s one thing about yourself that would surprise people?
I am from Boise, Idaho. However what surprises most is that Idaho is not Iowa. Or Ohio. Or in the Midwest.
9. What’s the best advice you’ve ever received?
Fake it till you become it.