WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5+ years of graphic design experience. Technology brands are a plus!
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially XD, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- An aptitude for technology and desire to learn more
- A stellar online portfolio of consistently beautiful work. It should demonstrate conceptual and critical thinking, an eye for visual design and a mastery of interactive interfaces
- Documentation showing your thought and design process is a huge plus
- Knowledge of established best practices and current design trends
- Experience creating high-level storyboards, mock-ups and prototypes
- Ability to present and sell ideas to internal teams and clients
- Quality work delivered on deadline and budget in a fast-paced office
- Experience with video and/or motion graphics is also a plus
- A collaborative spirit of “get s**t done and make it fun”
MAKE SURE WE’RE YOUR KIND OF CREW
This crew succeeds because we’ve got each other’s backs. We’re quick to offer help and accept it when needed. We’re flexible enough to wear whatever hat needs wearing. And we love a good fight—if it’s for the crew, our clients, or an idea we believe in. That’s how we get to our destination: working as one crew to build lasting brands that stand out.
Every member of the VSSL crew lives by our values:
We Are One Crew
The strongest crew is one that works (and celebrates) together. That’s because none of us is as smart as all of us. Through everything, we always have each others’ backs.
Communication is our Compass
Clear communication is our guide. We’re open with our thoughts and open-minded towards others. We’re always respectful—but we don’t sugarcoat s**t.
Quality is our Course
Our people and our work are our greatest assets. That’s why we don’t compromise when it comes to our crew, our clients, and our work. We deliver the best—every damn time.
All Hands on Deck
We know how to solve problems together by staying focused on creative solutions. We aren’t fazed by challenges or risk-taking. In fact, that’s where we thrive.
We’re a tight-knit group—we celebrate our wins and have fun along the way. Each crew member contributes to our collective success. “Up Spirits!” is our rally cry when the grog starts flowing.
CARING FOR OUR CREW
VSSL was named one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, 2018 and 2019. Once you’re aboard, treasures await!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) match
- Generous PTO
- Hybrid Work Environment
- 9 Paid Holidays, with a holiday shutdown
- Optional 9/80 schedule to have every other Friday off*
- Free lunch Wednesdays
- Bi-annual profit sharing
- Fun monthly company events and volunteer opportunities
- Communications Stipend
- Weekly happy hours on our deck overlooking the marina! *
VSSL strongly promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion through our grassroots program, VSSL for Change (V4C). V4C cultivates an inclusive workplace and empowers our crew to make positive change through education, discussion, and giving back. This includes regular team learning, with donation and volunteer opportunities. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
PLEASE NOTE: We take hiring very seriously. Although we are unable to follow up with every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates to identify potential fits. VSSL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Please Note - We sincerely appreciate your interest in VSSL. Due to a high number of applicants, we can only respond directly to those who best qualify and meet the specific criteria and standards of our roles.