What the Graphic Designer Does
Graphic Designers at VSSL are champions of the power of design. They know how to bring a brand to life in a way that’s relevant, accessible and memorable to the people it needs to connect with. The most important things you can bring are a passion for using design and interactivity to communicate ideas, an easy command of every design element, and an obsession for detail and quality. The small team of fun-loving yet equally obsessed designers, programmers, writers and strategists you’ll join offer a ready group of collaborators, a place to share how your ideas and decisions can solve our clients’ challenges.
What You Will Need:
- 2+ years of graphic design experience. Major brands are a plus!
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD and/or Sketch
- An aptitude for technology and desire to learn more
- A stellar online portfolio of consistently beautiful work. It should demonstrate conceptual and critical thinking, an eye for visual design, and a mastery of interactive
- Documentation showing your thought and design process is a huge plus
- Knowledge of established best practices and current design trends
- Experience creating high-level storyboards, mock-ups and prototypes
- Ability to present and sell ideas to the team
- Quality work delivered on deadline and budget in a fast-paced office
- Experience with video and/or motion graphics is also a plus
- A collaborative spirit of “get it done and make it fun”
Caring for our Crew
VSSL was named one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, 2018 and 2019. Once you’re aboard, treasures await!
- Medical, Dental, Vision and a 401(k)
- PTO plus nine (9) paid holidays
- Work-from-Home Wednesdays
- Free-Lunch Fridays and a galley of endless snacks, both healthy and not so much
- Fun company events
- Weekly All-Hands on our Outdoor Deck Happy Hours, overlooking the Marina
PLEASE NOTE: We take hiring very seriously. Although we are unable to follow up with every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates to identify potential fits. VSSL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Please Note - We sincerely appreciate your interest in VSSL. Due to a high number of applicants, we can only respond directly to those who best qualify and meet the specific criteria and standards of our roles.