What’s the job all about?
More specifically, this crewmember:
- Develops high performance, highly scalable, custom themes and plugin applications for WordPress.
- Is obsessed with quality, detail-oriented, and has a proven track record of coding pixel-perfect responsive layouts from Photoshop, Illustrator or Adobe XD files.
- Has a deep understanding of web development technologies.
- Will work closely with project managers and designers to develop websites and web applications.
- Has a strong desire to continue improving their skills and stay on the cutting edge of web development.
What can you bring to our crew?
Would you define yourself as team-oriented, hardworking, creative, and fun? We are seeking someone with a high level of integrity and honesty; someone that genuinely cares for VSSL, our values, and our mission! The ideal candidate is someone who is dynamic, can write clean, well-documented code, possesses strong problem-solving skills, and is collaborative at heart. You like to “get things done” and you strive to deliver high-quality work – day in and day out!
This creative crewmember will have:
- An associate or bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- 2-4 years’ experience sailing the “development seas”
- Proven, thorough knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues, Adobe Photoshop, CSS grids & frameworks (Bootstrap, Flexbox, etc.)
- A good understanding of PHP objects and classes; knowledge with Advanced Custom Fields is a plus
- Proficient with command line for streamlined development (Git, Gulp, etc.)
- Proficient with CSS preprocessors like SASS
- Experienced in API integration
- HubSpot and Pardot experience are a plus
- Intermediate knowledge of technical SEO best practices
- Developing email templates using frameworks like MJML is a plus
What we can offer you!
In addition of having the opportunity to work for a company that was named one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in both 2018 and 2019, there’s treasure to be shared for crewmembers:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Work-from-Home Wednesday
- Free lunch Fridays
- Fun company events
- Limitless supply of healthy and “not-so-healthy” snacks
- Weekly happy hours on our deck overlooking the marina!
Ready to join our crew?! We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit. VSSL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Please Note - We sincerely appreciate your interest in VSSL. Due to a high number of applicants, we can only respond directly to those who best qualify and meet the specific criteria and standards of our roles.