Qualities and Responsibilities
- Oversee and lead the Technology team as they develop and manage high performance, highly scalable, custom websites and applications (mostly WordPress)
- Work closely with client managers, project managers and designers to develop websites and web applications
- Collaborate with team leads on estimating, timelines, and risks for new projects that require technical support
- Supervise technical initiatives from concept to completion, including production
- Manage infrastructure (WP Engine, Pingdom, New Relic) to ensure performance is optimal
- Coordinate and manage vendors
- Monitor hosted websites to ensure fortnightly updates are complete and sites are up-to-date
- Ensure new sites have monitoring, analytics and other VSSL SOP items in place.
- Mentor junior developers
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure the technical team is continually developing their expertise
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Conduct quarterly and annual reviews with client managers
VSSL Support/Agency Growth
- Provide input into the development of our corporate strategy based on an understanding of the market and technology
- Promote VSSL’s purpose, vision, and culture… and ownership of our values and strategic objectives
- Support new proposal development
- Lead key internal initiatives to develop culture, improve agency operations, and boost employee engagement
We Are One Crew
The strongest crew is one that works (and celebrates) together. That’s because none of us is as smart as all of us. Through everything, we always have each others’ backs.
Communication is our Compass
Clear communication is our guide. We’re open with our thoughts and open-minded towards others. We’re always respectful—but we don’t sugarcoat s**t.
Quality is our Course
Our people and our work are our greatest assets. That’s why we don’t compromise when it comes to our crew, our clients, and our work. We deliver the best—every damn time.
All Hands on Deck
We know how to solve problems together by staying focused on creative solutions. We aren’t fazed by challenges or risk-taking. In fact, that’s where we thrive.
We’re a tight-knit group—we celebrate our wins and have fun along the way. Each crew member contributes to our collective success. “Up Spirits!” is our rally cry when the grog starts flowing.
Caring for our Crew
VSSL was named one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, 2018 and 2019. Once you’re aboard, treasures await!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Remote set up and resources provided during COVID*
- Work-from-Home Wednesdays*
- Free Lunch Fridays*
- A galley of endless snacks, both healthy and not so much*
- Fun company events
- Weekly happy hours on our deck, overlooking the Marina!*
*NOTE: Due to the COVID pandemic, all team members are working remotely full time.
PLEASE NOTE: We take hiring very seriously. Although we are unable to follow up with every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates to identify potential fits. VSSL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Please Note - We sincerely appreciate your interest in VSSL. Due to a high number of applicants, we can only respond directly to those who best qualify and meet the specific criteria and standards of our roles.