What the Client Manager Does
Leading client accounts at VSSL is about building strong, productive relationships with every constituent the account needs to prosper. That means clients, of course, but also creative, production, programming, finance, media – anyone and everyone you need to develop great ideas and deliver successful projects. What’s a successful project? One that’s on time, on budget, on point, and that achieves the results we promise our clients. It generates more projects! Your passion for marketing, clear communication, thinking ahead and mastering every detail are elements of the victories we will celebrate together.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or related field (or equivalent)
- 5 years of client service experience as a Client Manager or equivalent customer success department at an ad or marketing agency, including experience with: brand development, developing marketing strategies, managing website builds and management, paid media and demand generation campaigns, project budgets/timelines, contract negotiations, and risk assessment – and the full range of project management skills
- Understanding of Marketing Operations is a plus
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- Constantly looking for new and better solutions for clients and crew
- Highly proactive, self-motivated contributor
- The ability to lead a project using collaboration, clear communication and inspiration
- You know how to build strong, durable client relationships based on delivering results, exceeding the expected and anticipating problems
- You love a fast-paced environment with a fun crew to work with
- Proficiently manage multiple projects and tight deadlines with ease
- Experience with the full project life-cycle of marketing campaigns
- B2B software and basic website knowledge is a plus
Caring for our Crew
VSSL was named one of San Diego’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For, 2018 and 2019. Once you’re aboard, treasures await!
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Remote set up and resources provided during COVID*
- Work-from-Home Wednesdays*
- Free Lunch Fridays*
- A galley of endless snacks, both healthy and not so much*
- Fun company events
- Weekly happy hours on our deck, overlooking the Marina!*
*NOTE: Due to the COVID pandemic, all team members are working remotely full time.
PLEASE NOTE: We take hiring very seriously. Although we are unable to follow up with every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates to identify potential fits. VSSL provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
Please Note - We sincerely appreciate your interest in VSSL. Due to a high number of applicants, we can only respond directly to those who best qualify and meet the specific criteria and standards of our roles.